- Style Balearic comfort
- Setting Middle of Hua Hin old town
A gleaming-white retreat on a golden beach, Putahracsa hotel in Hua Hin seduces the it-crownd with fine fusion cuisine and a relaxed atmosphere. This sleek reinterpretation of Sixties motel architecture is realized in the simple white suites with private pools a few steps from dreamy beds. Candlelit alfresco dining and plenty of palm trees for natural shade add to the oasis feel at this upcountry escape.
Need to know
- Rooms 59, including 23 villas.
- Rates Double rooms from $172.32 (THB5,556), excluding tax at 17 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, boutique, sitting room/library with one PC, free WiFi throughout. In-room amenities: LCD TV, DVD/CD, fridge, minibar, tea/coffee.
- Poolside Putahracsa's rooms and villas surround the rectangular main infinity pool, bordered by wooden walkways and parasol-shaded day-beds.
- Check–out Midday. Late check-out is subject to availability and a fee.
Children Under-12s stay for free in parents’ rooms (special deal for Smith members), and get 50 per cent off meals; special menu, by arrangement. Cots are free for under-twos. Babysitting can be arranged at THB500 an hour.
- Also Yoga sessions can be arranged. Smoking allowed outside.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms All the rooms are decorated in soothing, stylish beige and white. On the reception side, the 36 Silksand Rooms surround the pool on three sides and two levels, so you can choose ground floor or first floor, and morning sun or afternoon sun. All have cushion-laden round rattan armchairs and cushioned seating on their outdoor terraces. On the ocean side, eight two-floor Sansky Villas offer more space for families, and share their own pool; if you’re after a private waterhole and alfresco Jacuzzi, not to mention a private butler, choose one of the Oceanbed Pool Villas – the luxiest and roomiest is La Canna Pool Villa.
- Packing tips A sunhat for snoozing beneath, and something heavyweight to read – it’s so calm here that Hegelian dialectic reads like chick lit.
Food and drink at Putahracsa
- Hotel restaurant Romantic by night, Oceanside restaurant serves good fish and Thai/Med cuisine, looking out into the Gulf of Thailand. Breakfast takes place in Sala Monsoon, on the reception side of the hotel; drinks and snacks are served all day, on the little terrace by Sala Monsoon, in your room or by the pool.
- Dress code Summery, beachy, easy chic.
- Top table The tables looking out to sea, where you’ll be seated next to each other, unless you prefer to gaze into one another’s eyes.
- Last orders Oceanside: 10.45pm. Sala Monsoon: 8pm. Drinks: 11pm.
- Room service All restaurant menus are available in rooms from 7am until midnight.
- Hotel bar Sala Monsoon, the round, thatch-roofed breakfast zone, acts as hotel bar, but it’s more of a service hatch than social hub, with drinks conveyed to your room, terrace or poolside.