Residenza Napoleone III
- Style Super-luxe palazzo
- Setting Fashionable Via Condotti
Opulence reaches grand proportions at the Residenza Napoleone III hotel in Rome, whose two aristocratic apartments are outfitted with silk drapes, ancient antiques and over-sized artwork. The gaudiness doesn't stop at form though; in the Napoleone Suite, one of the paintings serves as the bed’s headboard while another other opens to reveal a marble ensuite nearly as large as the room.
Need to know
- Rooms Two: the private apartment, Residenza Napoleone III (which has an optional extra room called the Blue Bedroom), and the much less grand Roof Garden Terrace Suite.
- Rates Double rooms from $909.67 (€664), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €2.00 per person per night on check-out.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities TV, DVD/CD player, wireless Internet. Private tour guide, butler, babysitting, beauty treatments all available on request. There are fitness centres, pools and saunas nearby.
- Check–out 11.30am but flexible if possible.
Children You can ask for an extra bed in the apartment for €100 a night. Cots are supplied free. If you take the Blue Bedroom, you get an extra bathroom, as well as the twin-bed interconnecting room.
- Also You enter your palazzo through massive wooden doors, pass along an arcade of Doric columns, take the grand marble staircase lined with antique busts… Well-behaved pets are allowed. No smoking in the rooms.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The opulent and luxurious Napoleone Suite is the apartment to book for the proper palace experience. You can book as part of this the interconnecting Blue Bedroom which is charming and cosy, named for its Chinese vases. The Roof Garden Terrace Suite is much humbler, but it has a multilevel decked terrace of some 600 square feet, with fabulous views of Rome.
- Packing tips Buy yummy deli food to stock up the kitchenette, especially if you want breakfast in bed.
Food and drink at Residenza Napoleone III
- Hotel restaurant No restaurant, but the apartment has a kitchenette and minibar, and bookings can be made for you at local restaurants. Special-occasion catering is possible by arrangement.
- Dress code Your own interpretation of Palazzo pants…
- Room service None, but breakfast is brought in to you, and arrangements can be made for dinner.
- Hotel bar No bar, but you can arrange for your minibar to be stocked up as you like it in advance. Guests in the Residenza Napoleone III apartment are welcomed with a bottle of Ruspoli family Chianti.