Room Mate Grace Hotel
- Style No-frills fashion spread
- Setting Tip of Times Square
New York City’s Room Mate Grace Hotel seems too good to be true – a stylish, fun and comfortable hotel in an unbeatable Midtown Manhattan location that’s eminently affordable? As impossible as it sounds, this cheap-and-cheerful boutique hotel is the real deal, with wood panels, clean-lined modern furniture, a pool with a swim-up bar in the lobby and cute rooms with big beds, all just inches away from Times Square.
Need to know
- Rooms 139, including 68 Deluxe rooms and four Premium suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $159.00, excluding tax at 14.75 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of $3.50 per room per night on check-out.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (US$10 plus tax).
- Facilities Small work-out room, free local calls, free WiFi, DVD players, mini-fridges for self-stocking, snacks and mags on sale at reception.
- Poolside The mezzanine-level pool has an under-water sound system and occupies centre-stage behind a glass wall in Reception. There is also a sauna and steam room.
- Check–out 12 noon, with late check-out according to availability.
Children No cots, but the bunk beds are ideal if you’re bringing older children. Under-12s stay free.
- Also Hotel Grace has a DJ every Friday and Saturday night.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The Premium suites have views of Times Square and lots of natural light. Deluxe for 3 rooms feature king-size beds and twin bunks. Deluxe rooms are as roomy, but without bunks. Petite and Standard rooms have queen-size beds.
- Packing tips Exhibitionist swimsuits.
Food and drink at Room Mate Grace Hotel
- Hotel restaurant No restaurant.
- Dress code Youthful, quirky.
- Last orders 3am in Grace's bar.
- Room service None, but you'll find menus in your room for local restaurants that deliver.
- Hotel bar The swim-up bar is as cheekily designed as the rest of Room Mate Grace Hotel.