- Style Chic colonial
- Setting Shangaan savannah
For solitude and silence, wildlife and warm hospitality, look no further than South Africa's Singita Ebony hotel, overlooking the Sand River in the Kruger National Park. Vast plains and exotic animals surround the suites at this rustic-chic safari lodge, each decorated in a soft, stylish palate. The location may be remote but the quality is all luxury, with each room's private pool, open fireplace and private deck for viewing wildlife.
Need to know
- Rooms 12.
- Rates Double rooms from $2057.60 (ZAR21,491), excluding tax at 14 per cent.
- More details Rates include airstrip transfers, all meals and drinks, two game drives a day and safari walks.
- Facilities All rooms have indoor/outdoor showers, double-sided fireplace, air-con, a game-viewing deck and a complimentary minibar. Suites have iPod docks.
- Poolside Each suite has its own pool. There is a secluded and shaded main pool, too.
- Check–out 11am, but guests may use lodge facilities until their departure.
Children All children are welcome.
- Also The is also a health spa, gym, library and a boutique selling safari gear and African artefacts.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The suites further away from the main lodge and restaurant offer additional seclusion.
- Packing tips Anti-malaria precautions should be taken. Bring a zoom lens for the best photos. You'll need warm layers for those chilly morning starts.
Food and drink at Singita Ebony
- Hotel restaurant Breakfast and lunch are served on the lower deck overlooking the Sand River; eggs Benedict with biltong is delicious. In the evening the Shangaan choir and the warmth of the boma fire are the perfect backdrop to haute cuisine Africa style.
- Dress code Chichi khaki.
- Top table In the boma, by firelight, under the stars.
- Last orders Dinner is normally served at 7.30pm after the evening safari. 5am starts mean late nights are the exception.
- Room service Meals can be served in your room and staff are on call to answer your requests.
- Hotel bar You can enjoy your drinks anywhere you choose. All drinks, except champagnes, are included in the room rate.