- Style Sumptuous solitude
- Setting Sweet Sweni
Surrounded by some of the region's – and the world’s – most impressive safari experiences, Singita Sweni hotel balances rugged luxury with romantic seclusion in South Africa's Kruger National Park. Six river-hugging rooms overlook the Sweni River, providing an intimate homebase for your exotic wildlife encounters. Private decks, a free minibar and outdoor/indoor showers all give this hideaway a comfortable, upscale trim.
Need to know
- Rooms Six riverside rooms.
- Rates Double rooms from $2079.24 (ZAR21,491), excluding tax at 14 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional government tax of ZAR55.00 per person per night on check-in.
- More details Rates include all meals and drinks, two game drives a day, walking safaris and transfers to the airstrip.
- Facilities The riverside rooms have air-con, fireplaces, a game-viewing deck, outdoor and indoor showers and complimentary minibar. Suites have iPod docks.
- Poolside The pool is surrounded by sunloungers and shaded areas.
- Check–out 11am, but guests may use the lodge facilities until their departure.
Children All children are welcome.
- Also The hotel spa in Lebombo village offers a full range of treatments. Safaris are conducted in six-seater Land Rovers but private vehicles are available on request for a fee.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms All rooms are on the banks of the river with excellent views, but the ones furthest from the main lodge offer a bit more seclusion.
- Packing tips You should take anti-malaria precautions. Cold nights, particularly between May and November, means some warm layers are essential.
Food and drink at Singita Sweni
- Hotel restaurant African fusion cuisine includes delicious game dishes, such as ostrich, to tempt the adventurous. Dishes make extensive use of local fresh fruit and vegetables. The wine cellar is also exceptionally good.
- Dress code Safari classics.
- Top table By the fire on the terrace, with a view over the river.
- Last orders There are no last orders but early starts make late nights a rarity; wake up calls are usually at 5am.
- Room service Always available; meals can be served in your room and the lodge endeavours to meet all guests wishes.
- Hotel bar All drinks at the bar are complimentary, except champagnes.