- Style Balearic spa resort
- Setting Upscale Pollença
Historic architectural details are honoured at Son Brull hotel, a former 12th-century monastery in the foothills of the Serra de Tramuntana in Mallorca. Blending sleek and urban with the Mediterranean's slow pace, this is the kind of design-focused luxury retreat where you want to throw on big sunglasses and designer sandals just to wander from through the ancient stone hallways en route to the stylish outdoor pool.
Need to know
- Rooms 23.
- Rates Double rooms from $340.73 (€248), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Spa with sauna and massage room (book treatments in advance), tennis court, B&O audiovisuals, CD and DVD library, gastronomic events in low season, including wine/olive oil tastings. The hotel can arrange boat, yacht and bicycle rental.
- Poolside Connected indoor and outdoor pools with massage hydrojets, an indoor relaxation area and outdoor sun terrace. There's also a snack menu and tables by the pool.
- Check–out Midday.
Children Babysitting and baby-listening services, cots and extra beds provided at an extra charge.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms A room with a view on the pool side of the house, as high up as possible.
Food and drink at Son Brull
- Hotel restaurant 365 is the chic, formal-ish fine-dining restaurant, with black banquettes, white-clothed tables and gold-leaf ceiling. It’s modern Mallorquin, nouvelle-ish food: don’t expect large portions. The menu has an emphasis on local ingredients.
- Dress code Spanish chic, especially for dinner.
- Top table Outside is best in summer.
- Last orders Food: 10.30pm.
- Room service 24 hours: extensive menu available until 11pm.
- Hotel bar Drinks available until midnight in the former oil-pressing room, where old beams and a well make an attractive centrepiece. In summertime, Thursday is jazz night, Saturday is more relaxed.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details