The Chester Residence
- Style Georgian-coated suites
- Setting Serene-yet-central West End
Centrally located in Edinburgh’s West End, the handsome Georgian building that houses The Chester Residence hotel belies the sleek modern and spacious apartments inside. Done up in shades of grey and taupe and filled to the brim with all of the state-of-the-art gadgets you could possibly want, these suites also have well-equipped kitchens, so staying here really will feel like you have your own hip pad in Edinburgh.
Need to know
- Rooms 19 suites, six with two bedrooms.
- Rates Double rooms from $170.27 (£104), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast.
- Facilities Communal drawing room with books, CDs and DVDs to borrow, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: Molton Brown toiletries, flatscreen TV, integrated DVD/CD player, iPod dock, free bottled water, minibar.
- Check–out 11am, but flexible subject to availability. Check-in from 3pm.
Children The apartment set-up and well-equipped kitchens are heaven-sent for families.
- Also All kitchens feature an oven, hob, microwave, fridge and dishwasher. Transfer from/to the airport (£30 each way) or rail station (£15) can be booked.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The Penthouse Suite at 9 Rothesay Place is a romantic nook in the eaves with top-floor views across to the Firth of Forth. Grand Suite (room 8/3) invites you to entertain friends with its balcony, picture windows and enormous sitting room. Exuberant children are best unleashed in a Mews Suite, which has a private garden.
- Packing tips An apron and cookbook to help you whip up culinary romance in the kitchen.
- Also Chauffeured cars, personal shoppers and in-room beauty treatments beckon to be booked.
Food and drink at The Chester Residence
- Hotel restaurant The hotel has its own food concept – 'Eat Naked at Chester' is a way of eating breakfast and dinner and knowing exactly where everything has come from.
- Dress code Home-from-home cosy – perhaps upgrading your pyjamas to chic loungewear, cocoon-like knits and cashmere shawls.
- Top table The dining table in your suite… or perhaps the sofa (no need to book).
- Last orders 11.30pm for food, no last orders for drinks to your suite.
- Room service Lunch, dinner and snacks are a phone call away.
- Hotel bar None, so get to know the contents of your minibar. Free tea and coffee is available in the lounge all day.