The Drawing Room
- Style Dainty gastro-boutique
- Setting The rolling fields of Powys
A petite and elegant three-bedroom gem in Wales, The Drawing Room hotel warms with a fire always in the fireplace and wows with tasteful antiques, Venetian glass, modern fabrics, claw-food bathtubs and contemporary wallpaper. A relaxing and welcoming place to stay, this husband-and-wife-run establishment also features an award-winning restaurant that boasts modern British cuisine made exclusively from local Welsh produce.
Need to know
- Rooms Three doubles.
- Rates Double rooms from $136.20 (£83), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast. Please note: rooms are only available to guests dining at the Drawing Room.
- Facilities In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, Laura Ashley beds, Penhaligons toiletries.
- Check–out 11am; earliest check-in, 4pm. Let the Drawing Room know your arrival time and dining time in advance. The house is not available to guests between noon and 4pm.
Children No children under 12.
- Also Non-smoking throughout.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Three rooms all individually designed; we like Oliver, probably the sexiest thanks to a double bath with views of the countryside. Phoebe only has a shower, and Otis has Venetian glass furniture and a slipper bath.
- Packing tips Walking boots; a good book to curl up with by the fire; elasticated waistband as you’re bound to overeat.
- Also They have a lovely private dining area so it's popular with triple-daters, who book all three bedrooms and then enjoy their own private dinner party.
Food and drink at The Drawing Room
- Hotel restaurant Award-winning modern British cooking using Welsh produce – own-cured salmon with lemon and dill, rump of Welsh lamb with gratin potatoes – care of chef Colin Dawson. Breakfast includes fresh fruit, home-made muesli, scrambled egg with cured salmon and caviar, duck egg with wild mushrooms, and the full Welsh.
- Last orders Breakfast is served 8.30am-9.30am; you can dine 7pm–8.30pm. Dinner must be booked in advance, and you must be dining in-house every night of your stay..