The Fullerton Bay Hotel
- Style Panoramic glam
- Setting Marina Bay waterfront
With dazzling bayside views and a refined rooftop bar, The Fullerton Bay Hotel in Singapore is a boutique that exemplifies modern glamour. Rising design star Andre Fu is behind the décor, with rooms that showcase both the city’s colonial and pan-Asian past. In the heart of Singapore’s business and cultural district, this property also offers fine dining and a rooftop pool.
Need to know
- Rooms 98, including six suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $432.20 (SG$540), excluding tax at 17.7 per cent.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast at SG$38 a person.
- Facilities Free WiFi throughout, DVD library, gym, pool, Jacuzzi, meeting rooms. In rooms: flatscreen satellite TVs (including one in the bathroom), DVD player, iPod dock, minibar, Molton Brown toiletries, Nespresso machine and coffee, Gryphon tea selection.
- Poolside Soak up jaw-dropping views of Marina Bay, the space-age three-towered casino complex and Singapore's skyline while you swim in the spectacular 25-metre outdoor rooftop pool. There are two Jacuzzis and loungers for flopping with a cocktail afterwards.
- Check–out Check-out, 12pm, but flexible for a half-day charge before 6pm (after you'll have to pay for an extra night). Check-in, 2pm.
Children Welcome: the hotel provides free baby cots and extra beds for under-12s, who stay gratis with paying adults. Babysitting is available with staff for SG$100 an hour, with a day's notice.
- Also Butler service is available in Suites, and smoking rooms can also be requested.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms For extra romance the eight Premier Bay View rooms on ground-level offer covetable outdoor sun-decks overlooking the bay (the two corner ones even sport Jacuzzis, ideal for quaffing bubbly amid the bubbles). Feeling flush? Then bed down in one of the five lavish themed suites, named after former governors of Singapore and individually styled to match the city's cosmopolitan make-up – choose between Chinese, Malay, Indian, Peranakan and Colonial decor.
- Packing tips Look-at-me bags, shades and heels, with a nautical twist for bayside glam. Singapore does chic.
- Also All rooms are indulgently appointed, with a wall of glass and private balconies for aquatic views, slick desks and laptop lap supports for ergonomic emailing, and lavish bathrooms with separate baths and showers divided from the sleeping area by the flick of a shutter. Vintage prints of the hotel's historic Collyer Quay location adorn bedroom walls, with bespoke art and artefacts adding to the rich local feel.
Food and drink at The Fullerton Bay Hotel
- Hotel restaurant With soaring 10-metre ceilings, sweeping curtains and wall-to-wall bayside windows, sleekly linear Clifford is the hotel's modern French brasserie, where dark wood, high-backed chairs, overscaled dressers and pretty pendant lamps ensure an elegant mood. It's open for breakfast, lunch or dinner, with an 800-bottle wine library to sample while tucking into grilled wagyu striploin, roasted cod or duck confit (reservations recommended). For more informal grazing, the airy Landing Point lounge by the marbled lobby promenade beckons with sink-in sofas and sassy stools grouped around a long bar and outdoor terrace. Pop here for a chilled Lemongrass infusion, refreshing affogato or afternoon tea with scones, or linger for a vintage Negroni, a recreated 19th-century Old-Fashioned cocktail or a more cutting-edge tipple. Light meals span mango and avocado salad, Vietnamese spring rolls and dim sum.
- Dress code Upscale chic rules here, so pack this season's nattiest threads. Work a sophisticated look at formal Clifford brasserie and a sexy one at more casual rooftop bar Lantern.
- Top table Any of the waterside window tables at Clifford, or take up residence on the terrace if it's not too hot. The comfy banquettes at the back, or two private dining salons at either end (seating six to eight) are sociable hang-outs for groups.
- Last orders The glitzy Landing Point is open from 7am–11pm; demure Clifford serves breakfast from 6.30am–10.30am, lunch from 12pm–2.30pm and dinner from 6.30pm–10.30pm.
- Room service Available 24-hours, with a variety of Asian and Western dishes from Clifford's menu including mouth-watering desserts.
- Hotel bar Bag a pew at hot venue Lantern, the hotel's seductive seventh-floor rooftop lounge bar which serves up delicious cocktails and killer views of the bay, including vertiginous vistas of the iconic Marina Bay Sands Casino opposite. This lofty poolside perch opens from midday to 2am, with a striking lantern-inspired circular bar, dreamy cabana day-beds at each end for chilling and vibrant contemporary furniture in inviting clusters. Try the signature Red Lantern cocktail, a lip-smacking blend of tequila, watermelon, cucumber, cointreau and lime, a homage to the area's heritage when red lanterns hung on the pier to welcome immigrants and seafarers.