The House Hotel Nisantasi
- Style Decadent design den
- Setting Sisli’s shopping district
Smack dab in Istanbul’s shopping, dining and entertainment centre and just a short stroll from the Bosphorous, The House Hotel Nisantasi is a design fanatic’s dream come true. With interiors by the avant-garde Autoban design team, the clever open floor plan houses the lobby, bar, and restaurant all in one, yet each space is clearly defined. Whimsical flourishes, such as chairs that look like birdcages accent the hotel, while the rooms and spacious suites are modern and sleek with an elegant Bauhaus feel.
Need to know
- Rooms 45, including nine suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $202.27 (€147), excluding tax at 8 per cent.
- More details Rates include buffet breakfast.
- Facilities Free WiFi throughout, gym and book/CD/DVD library. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, iPod dock, minibar, free bottled water and L’Occitane bath products.
- Check–out 12pm, but flexible (free until 2pm, 50 per cent of an extra night thereafter). Earliest check-in, 3pm.
Children Cots for babies are free, and extra beds can be added at no cost for children under six (€60 a night if they're older). Babysitting with a local nanny costs €50 an hour.
- Also Pets that weigh under 5kg (designer dogs, etc) can stay for an extra €20. Some smoking rooms are available. In-room beauty treatments can be arranged.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms We love Suites 51 and 61 for their breathtaking Bosphorus views; their white marble bathrooms, cocoa colours and Autoban accoutrement aren’t bad, either. For the same view but shedloads more space, and a private balcony, head up to the seventh floor and try out the Terrace Deluxe Rooms.
- Packing tips Back catalogues of Wallpaper* and I.D. to get plotting your own redesign; leave space in your suitcase for the new clothes picked up in the hotel’s neighbourhood.
- Also Aspiring mixologists can practise in-room: there’s a shaker, cocktail glasses and plenty of liquor at your disposal.
Food and drink at The House Hotel Nisantasi
- Hotel restaurant The restaurant, bar and lobby all merge into one relaxed, refined, open-plan space, dominated by big Sezer Arici prints and an edgy Autoban bookcase. It’s quality over quantity, menu-wise: there are just four finely tuned dishes to pick from. Expect burgers, steaks and herb-crusted salmon.
- Dress code City-slicker smart.
- Top table Sidle up to the bar and settle in for a cocktail-making show.
- Last orders Breakfast is served from 7am until 11am; lunch is between midday and 4pm; dinner runs from 6pm until 10.30pm.
- Room service Anything from the restaurant can be ordered in-room between 7am and 10.30pm.
- Hotel bar The bar is in the same room as the restaurant, with a mirrored back wall, marble counter and elegant Autoban stools. The French management have ensured there’s plenty of fine wines in stock, but the more adventurous should go for a white chocolate martini and a Raki cocktail. The delicious House Lemonade has a closely guarded recipe.