The Inn at Perry Cabin
- Style Refined riverside retreat
- Setting Maritime Maryland
On leafy gardens that edge towards Chesapeake Bay (and include Maryland’s oldest holly tree), the Inn at Perry Cabin hotel in St Michaels is ideally situated for long bike rides, sailing, fishing or just taking in the scenery. With classic clapboard good looks and comforting rooms gently peppered with antiques and a subtle nautical theme, the Inn is an effortlessly luxurious and peaceful seaside retreat.
Need to know
- Rooms 78, including 26 suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $235.00, excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional service charge of 10% per room per night on check-out.
- More details Rates don't include breakfast (from US$10) or service.
- Facilities Spa, gym, gardens, free-to-borrow bikes free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, preloaded iPod with dock, and CD/DVD player.
- Poolside Surrounded by blossoms and lined with flowerbeds, the infinity pool is open in the summer from May to August.
- Check–out 12 noon. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
Children Although the hotel isn’t particularly geared towards wee ones, there's no charge to borrow cribs, beds for older children are US$50 and babysitting is available for US$15 an hour.
- Eco‐friendly The inn is working to regenerate the oyster population with the help of oyster spat floats, and most vegetables and fish are sourced from the kitchen garden and nearby waters, respectively.
- Also From April to November, a two-night minimum stays apply at weekends.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms We loved the claw-foot tub and the river views in Room 80, but the Waterfront Master Suite is the showstopper, with a vast sitting room, floor-to-ceiling windows and gorgeous personality-packed antiques.
- Packing tips Break out the deck shoes to play captain and the high-powered binoculars for skipjack-spotting.
- Also A local jazz trio plays big band favourites in the dining room some evenings at the inn's much-loved jazz nights. Linden Spa offers massages for couples, exfoliation treatments, yoga classes and a steam room. Mr Smith can get a hydrating facial or pedicure.
Food and drink at The Inn at Perry Cabin
- Hotel restaurant Sherwood's Landing is refined-but-relaxed riverfront dining room, with a neutral palette, old-school linen-dressed tables, garden views framed by floor-to-ceiling windows and a lighthouse-like beacon. The scallops, local beets and crisp pears come highly recommended. Between 3pm and 5pm each day, a trad English afternoon tea is on offer in the drawing room.
- Dress code Chinos and white linen button-downs for gents; ladies could rock a floaty DVF frock or skinny white jeans, nautical stripes and heels.
- Top table In Sherwood’s Landing, the roaring fireplace makes the surrounding tables romantic hotspots. Garden-gazing window seats are scenic and serene. Lunch on the patio is a must in summer.
- Last orders Breakfast is 7am–10am; lunch, 12 noon–2.30pm; and dinner is served up 6pm–9.30pm. Order bites from the pub menu until 10pm; sip cocktails till 11pm.
- Room service A full menu of meals, snacks and drinks is available 24 hours a day.
- Hotel bar The snug, laid-back Pursers Pub overlooks the flowery courtyard. Choose your favourite tipple from the wall of spirits. To eat, fried duck drumsticks and crab, spinach and artichoke dip don’t disappoint. Wash it down with a Chesapeake Bay Retriever cocktail: herb-infused vodka, orange juice and grenadine.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details