- Style Novel beach hideaway
- Setting Swinging Chaweng
There’s nothing like relaxing on a beautiful beach with a good book, and the luxurious, modern The Library hotel set along Koh Samui’s famous Chaweng Beach takes this notion to the next level. Sure, there’s a library with hundreds of titles for guests to browse through, but it’s the sleek sexy lines, the dark wood, the minimalist décor and the absolutely stunning blood-red pool that will really demand their attention.
Need to know
- Rooms 13 suites (ground floor) and 13 studios (upstairs).
- Rates Double rooms from $391.70 (THB12,600), excluding tax at 18.7 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Gym, library (naturally), DVD/CD selection, free WiFi in the restaurant, library and pool area. In rooms: huge flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, wireless headphones, coffee maker, minibar. Suites have Macs with broadband.
- Poolside Looking out over the beach and the bay, the Library’s eye-catching pool is lined with vivid scarlet Italian tiles, coloured to match the parasols and loungers on the wooden decking that surround it.
- Check–out Noon, but flexible subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
Children Under-12s stay free in their parents’ room; cots (free) and extra beds (THB2,000 a night) can be provided. There’s a kids’ pool, and an assortment of beach-based activities on offer. Babysitting costs THB250 an hour.
- Eco‐friendly The Library was designed to minimise environmental impact, being built around rather than over the on-site flora. Recycling is de rigueur, and all waste plant matter is made into compost.
- Also After check-out, guests can leave their luggage in storage and use the shower facilities at the Fit (fitness unit) to go sandlessly from beach to airport. Smoking is not allowed indoors, but you can light up on your terrace or balcony.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The Bookmark Suite is closest to the beach and affords fabulous views of the sea and the ruby swimming pool from the comfort of the bed. All suites have Jacuzzis to bliss out in.
- Packing tips Leave your holiday reading at home. The Library lives up to its name, with hundreds of titles available to leaf through, as well as a wide selection of DVDs.
Food and drink at The Library
- Hotel restaurant The Page restaurant sources organic, seasonal ingredients to produce a sophisticated range of Thai and Western dishes, which you can savour alfresco on the deck, or in the high-ceilinged, soft-grey indoor dining area.
- Dress code Lazy beach garb all the way – with perhaps a summer dress or shirt upgrade for dinner.
- Top table Secure a spot on the terrace, as close to the sea as you can.
- Last orders The ovens cool at 10.30pm, but the bar’s open until midnight.
- Room service A variety of snacks and meals from the restaurant menu are served between 7am and midnight daily.
- Hotel bar The Page restaurant’s beach bar is a modern-minded chill-out zone, serving mean mojitos and zingy, zesty lychee caprioskas to a soothing soundtrack of Buddha-Bar-esque tunes.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details