The One Hotel Angkor
- Style Pop Art shophouse
- Setting Siem Reap's hip strip
With just one boho-chic suite to its name, Siem Reap’s the One Hotel Angkor is an paragon of the bespoke boutique experience. Design-savvy furniture, a sleek rooftop terrace and eye-popping art make for a singular stay in the heart of the city's buzzy Old Market.
Need to know
- Rooms One suite.
- Rates Double rooms from $199.00, excluding tax at 12 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional service charge of 5% per room per night on check-out.
- More details Rates include à la carte breakfast, return airport transfers and access to the gym and pool of a nearby hotel.
- Facilities Spa treatment room, CD/DVD library, free WiFi throughout. In room: private roof terrace with Jacuzzi and rain shower, flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, iPod dock, iPad, day-bed.
- Check–out 12pm; check-in, 2pm. Both are flexible subject to availability.
Children This is more of an adults' retreat – leave the kids at home.
- Also Sublime spa treatments come to you, so enjoy a traditional Khmer massage, facial or body wrap in your room or on the terrace.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Well that's easy, isn't it? Spread over two levels, the One Hotel's design-savvy suite features a bespoke king-size bed in the centre of the room, with a cool concrete bathroom – complete with a granite tub for two – at the rear. Upstairs, a bamboo-lined terrace is home to a Jacuzzi, rain shower and day-bed, with bird's-eye views of the Passage below.
- Packing tips Siem Reap can be downright steamy, so keep it light and loose with linens and cotton. Slip in a scarf to cover bare shoulders before entering temples, or snap one up at the nearby markets.
- Also Art abounds in this boutique abode – enter through the colourful lobby, filled with eye-popping Warhol-esque works, and ogle the striking Angkor Wat shots in the adjoining McDermott Gallery.
Food and drink at The One Hotel Angkor
- Hotel restaurant Your rooftop terrace doubles as a private dining space for two. There's a whim-catering chef on call, ready to whip up anything from a champagne breakfast to midnight desserts.
- Dress code As this is your own restaurant à deux, anything goes.
- Top table The table for two on the terrace, overlooking the bustling Passage below.
- Last orders Your call, though Linga Bar stops pouring at 1am.
- Room service Take that mobile phone you're handed at check-in, then order snacks, meals and drinks around the clock. (Options are limited for pre-dawn breakfasts.)
- Hotel bar Linger over a drink in Linga Bar. Located on the other side of the alleyway, the hotel's welcoming bar draws a mixed crowd to its alfresco couches and dimly lit nooks for cocktails and cruisy tunes.