The Standard Miami
- Style Spa attraction
- Setting Belle Isle Miami
Like all of André Balasz’s boutiques, The Standard Miami is ultra cool and stylish, but its serene Belle Isle location, far enough away from the glitzy fashion show of SoBe, makes it truly an invigorating, relaxing and welcoming place to stay. Though the property has changed considerably since its days as the storied Lido Spa Hotel, there is still a fabulous spa with sauna and steam room – perfect for schvitzing. And the infinity pool with underwater sound system is a nice modern touch.
Need to know
- Rooms 105.
- Rates Double rooms from $209.00, excluding tax at 13 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional room tax of $19.99 per room per night on check-out.
- More details Rates include access to indoor and outdoor baths, spa and fitness centre, but exclude breakfast.
- Facilities WiFi, flatscreen TV, CD player and DVD library. Wet and Full Spread rooms have roll-top baths and all except Missionary and Dry rooms have their own terrace. There are custom-blended Kiss My Face toiletries, and in-room spa treatments are available.
- Poolside Take a plunge in the infinity pool, which has an underwater sound system.
- Check–out Midday, but flexible; ring the front desk to check availability.
Children Guests must be at least 17 years old. An extra bed costs US$50.
- Also The outstanding spa includes a hammam, classic cedar sauna and steam room, and offers a range of treatments and therapies. There are also yoga lawns and a gym. Pets under 25lbs are welcome (US$150 non-refundable deposit). Smoking rooms are available.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The Wet rooms have the benefit of a private terrace with a roll-top bath, some with views of the bay. The 555-square-foot Full Spread loft suite has vast windows, for plenty of natural light and wonderful panoramic views.
- Packing tips Your sexiest swimwear.
- Also The use of mobile phones is (thankfully) strongly discouraged.
Food and drink at The Standard Miami
- Hotel restaurant The Lido Restaurant and the Bayside Grill both have sleek Nordic styling with blonde woods and clean lines. The emphasis is on healthy, fresh and organically produced Mediterranean dishes.
- Dress code Guests are encouraged to relax in their fluffy white bathrobes.
- Top table On the dockside overlooking Biscayne Bay.
- Last orders Midnight for food and drinks.
- Room service 24 hours.
- Hotel bar The bar has excellent DJ sets and live music. The dockside bar is great for sundowners.