V Boutique Hotel
- Style Very Moorish
- Setting Hilltop pueblo blanco
A 17th-century manor with Moorish appeal in the hilltop village of Vejer de la Frontera, V Boutique Hotel enhances its picturesque surroundings with postcard-perfect views across the countryside of Costa de la Luz and the Moroccan skyline beyond the water. Its 12 rooms make for an idyllic, relaxing retreat after a day of kite-surfing or splashing along sun-soaked beaches – ewe can think of nowhere better to siesta than on the breezy rooftop terrace.
Need to know
- Rooms 12, divided into Classic Room, Superior Room and Exclusive Room categories.
- Rates Double rooms from $191.45 (€139), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
- Facilities DVD library, free WiFi, laundry service, rooftop Jacuzzi, spa and beauty treatments on request. In rooms: flatscreen TVs, DVD player, minibar, underfloor heating, Kama Ayurveda toiletries, bathrobe and slippers.
- Poolside There is no pool at V – but the inviting waters of the Atlantic Ocean are only five minutes’ drive away.
- Check–out Midday. Check-in, 3pm.
Children The hotel is not suitable for children between two and 12 years old, though cribs can be supplied for babies.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms All rooms at V Boutique Hotel are beautiful – so there’s no need to worry about being stuck with the chamber that no one wants. Our absolute favourites, though, are rooms 10 and 11. The former, the only room with a terrace, has wonderful views over the hills and down to the ocean, while the latter has high ceilings and a mezzanine level that acts as the ideal sitting area. Its enormous windows and well-chosen antique furniture are real selling points, too.
- Packing tips Take a surfer-style hoodie to protect you from the levante winds that occasionally sweep down from the north. And make sure you pack a parasol or two – many of the beaches in the area are completely unspoilt, and devoid of sunbed hire.
Food and drink at V Boutique Hotel
- Hotel restaurant The hotel has no restaurant, and only breakfast is available (although tapas and salads are sometimes available on request).
- Dress code Light shirts and airy trousers – maybe a cashmere jumper for when it gets cooler later on.
- Top table Enjoy a light bite up on the roof terrace – where there’s also an honesty bar – and take in the views of Morocco on the other side of the water.
- Last orders The honesty bars get locked at 11pm.
- Room service Tapas is available between 7am and 11pm.
- Hotel bar There is no bar as such, though guests often congregate on sofas in the cosy saloon, where they can get drinks from an honesty bar and relax to a soft jazz and lounge soundtrack.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details