Victoria's at Ewingsdale
- Style Tuscan meets French Provençal
- Setting Country manor near the sea
A stone's throw from picturesque Byron Bay’s top beaches, the boutique hotel Victoria’s at Ewingsdale features floaty-white, feminine rooms in a comely commingling of Tuscan and Provençal styles. Set on three acres of manicured green gardens, this elegant and intimate hideaway is as romantic as they come.
Need to know
- Rooms Nine.
- Rates Double rooms from $328.15 (AU$363), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast.
- Facilities CD/DVD library, WiFi, beauty/spa treatments, gardens. In rooms: TV, DVD/CD players, minibar, free bottled water, own-label Victoria's toiletries, air conditioning.
- Poolside Dive into the palm-fringed, salt-water swimming pool, flanked by a lofty cabana and all-weather barbecue area.
- Check–out 10am, but flexible subject to availability for a fee. Earliest check-in, 2.30pm.
Children This hotel is better suited to couples - leave the children at home!
- Also Victoria's can order a reliable taxi to pick you up from either the town of Byron Bay (six kilometres to the east) or Ballina Byron Airport (30 minutes' drive away). Coolangatta and Brisbane airports are also within easy driving distance.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms All the bedrooms are individually decorated but share a pretty, pale aesthetic, and classically romantic Euro looks, with a mix of French Provençal and Tuscan-style antique furniture, marble ensuite bathrooms and terracotta balconies with views down onto Bryon, the ocean and the famous local lighthouse, or onto the garden or tranquil courtyard. For wonderful ocean and town views opt for one of the spacious Executive Spa Suites, which come with king-size beds, spa baths and theatrical Juliette balconies. For a quainter, rustic, more feminine room opt for The Cottage, a pretty stone building near the pool and chicken coup (which supplies eggs for guests – don't worry, there's no noisy rooster!); or The Stables, an intimate, stand-alone, two-storey space with a bedroom upstairs in the attic-style loft.
- Packing tips A good book and your iiPod for mellowing out by the pool. Sunglasses for taking in the views on a scenic flight in the hotel's private plane.
- Also To book an extra person into your room costs AU$75 a night with extra bedding provided. There's a minimum two-nght stay at weekends (three on long weekends and during special events), and a minimum five-night stay at Easter, Christmas and during January.
Food and drink at Victoria's at Ewingsdale
- Hotel restaurant There isn't a restaurant at the hotel, but a Continental breakfast is served from 8.30am till 9.30am either outdoors on the verandah with views out towards the mountains and sea, or in the informal communal dining area in the cooler months, where tables are dressed in elegant white cloths. Large and open, this room still maintains a cosy cottage feel, with comfy couches, rugs and a log fire in winter, and paintings and quirky accessories adding homely touches. Plates of tasty treats are left out daily in the adjoining kitchen for guests to enjoy, with delicacies such as fruit platters and coconut and apricot nougat should you feel peckish. Gourmet picnic lunches are also available, as well as freshly baked delights for afternoon tea and seafood or canape platters in the evenings. Food is locally sourced, seasonal and organic, with some produce even grown on site. The hotel can book you into recommended local restaurants too.
- Dress code Casual, comfortable and coastal: stylish sarong, sandals, swimwear, yoga kit and sunglasses by day; maxi dress by night.
- Top table Head for the barbecue beside the swimming pool and cabana for al fresco dining. The hotel can provide a barbecue hamper for you to prepare.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details