- Style Dinky designer den
- Setting Lush Wat Bo quarter
One of Siem Reap's most talked-about boutique stays, the relaxed and contemporary Viroth’s Hotel is minimalist in style but big on value. With its chic décor, rooftop massages and tropical plant-fringed pool, this affordable stay is just the place you want to come home to after a day out exploring the Angkor temples.
Need to know
- Rooms Seven.
- Rates Double rooms from $103.81, excluding tax at 5 per cent.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast, unless otherwise specified
- Facilities Rooftop spa and Jacuzzi, free WiFi throughout, gardens. In rooms: cable TV, minibar.
- Poolside Given its celebrated status as a small, intimate hotel, the pool is suitably small and intimate. Overshadowed by deliciously verdant vegetation, it is great for a cool plunge on a hot day.
- Check–out Noon, but if the room is available late check-out can be arranged for 50 per cent of the day rate. Check-in, 2pm.
Children Welcome, although there are currently no baby cots available. Extra beds for older children cost US$20 a night.
- Eco‐friendly Built and designed from energy-efficient local materials, Viroth's makes smart use of green products, including water-hyacinth carpets, solar power and electric bikes.
- Also Smoking is allowed in designated areas only.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms All follow the same contemporary blueprint, with sensual rain showers, but ground-floor Room number 1 lives up to its name with a delightful private garden area. Upstairs, Room 7 takes top billing thanks to the best pool view in the pad.
- Packing tips Bring your glad rags, as this stylish sanctuary should put you in the mood for a night out (or two). Owners Viroth and Fabien can point you towards some happening spots.
- Also The mobile rooftop spa is an innovation. The massage, manicure or pedicure comes to you wherever you are comfortable. Dip into the Jacuzzi afterwards to wind down after tramping around the temples.
Food and drink at Viroth's Hotel
- Hotel restaurant Viroth’s is a rooftop recreation of the nearby signature restaurant on Wat Bo Road. The menu is traditional Khmer with the emphasis on inspired presentation and delicate flavours. Try fish amoc for the essence of Cambodia in a banana leaf.
- Dress code Bring your glad rags, as this stylish spot should put you in the mood for a night out (or two). Owners Viroth and Fabien can point you towards some happening venues.
- Top table No one particularly stands out, but try to live life on the edge (of the rooftop) for views of the cityscape.
- Last orders Breakfast is served from 7am–11am, offering up the potential for a cheeky lie-in. Dinner runs until 10pm; the bar plies its trade till 11pm.
- Room service Available from 7am–11pm, room service includes all the dishes on the menu during restaurant hours and selected snacks at other times.
- Hotel bar The rooftop bar is all about stylish sofas that suck you in. Settle down with a bottle of wine and let the evening slip by. Rooftop usually equals breeze and that can be priceless in the hot season.