Witt Istanbul Suites
- Style Haute-design hotel
- Setting Cihangir's hipster hubbub
Once the Turkish headquarters of Ogilvy and Mather, the centrally located Witt Istanbul Suites hotel teems with Mad Men worthy mid-century design and furnishings. Stylishly updated by the award-winning Autoban design team, it is now a sophisticated and spacious hotel with large rooms sparkling with marble kitchenettes and fabulous Ross Lovegrove-designed bathrooms. Many rooms offer glorious views of the Bosphorus and Black Sea.
Need to know
- Rooms 17, and three penthouse suites. Three rooms have sea views.
- Rates Double rooms from $236.99 (€175), excluding tax at 8 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Library, DVD/CD selection, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD/CD player, iPod dock, kitchenette with microwave, kettle and Nespresso machine, minibar. All beds are king-size.
- Check–out Midday, but later may be possible, depending on availability.
Children The hotel's not ideal for children, and extra beds aren't a possibility, although cots are available for babies.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms With sweeping views of Istanbul, the Bosphorus and the Black Sea, Sea View Suite 52 is the pick of the bunch, but 53 and 42 are also top spots, looking out over the river and the Topkapi palace. All the hotel’s suites cultivate a luxury-apartment feel, thanks to superbly equipped kitchens, hi-tech Marmara marble bathrooms created by design wizard Ross Lovegrove, each boasting an indulgent five shower heads (but no bath), and oodles of space.
- Packing tips Bring your swimsuit – although the Witt Suites doesn’t have a pool, you can soak up the sun in secrecy on your balcony, if you have one.
- Also Thai massage and reflexology treatments are also available.
Food and drink at Witt Istanbul Suites
- Hotel restaurant The hotel serves a Turkish breakfast buffet every morning, but you’ll have to take advantage of the numerous excellent eateries in the nearby area for lunch and dinner.
- Dress code Relaxing diplomat – slinky suits and cocktail dresses.
- Top table Grab a steaming mug of the hotel’s divine hot chocolate and curl up on a sofa in the lobby beside the bookshelves.
- Last orders Breakfast is served between 7.30am and 11am, but drinks (tea, coffee, wine and spirits) are available from the lobby 24 hours a day.
- Room service You can order breakfast in your room, and the drinks menu is available at any time.
- Hotel bar A soft jazz soundtrack permeates the lobby area, a relaxing, informal space decorated with wood laser-cut into floral patterns, low lime-green armchairs and cosy sofas.